We have 3 sizes, Concert, Tenor, and our newest addition, the Baritone Ukulele. Each is hand-crafted and you can choose woods to suit your preference.
For the love of ukuleles…
Founded in 2008, Randolph Ukuleles are handmade in Saint Paul, Minnesota. The process of learning handmade ukulele construction included independent evaluations by professionals in musical instrument performance, design, and construction. Our learning process is continuous.
Wood and Woodworking
Quality Matters: Every piece of wood is unique and its properties can change as a result of temperature and humidity. This means that each ukulele will be unique. Likewise, different woods contribute characteristic qualities to structure and resonance. While this choice largely depends on individual preference, traditional Hawaiian ukuleles are made almost entirely of koa wood.
▪ Back and sides: Hawaiian koa wood
▪ Soundboard: koa, AAA vertical grain — Sitka spruce, Adirondack red spruce or western red cedar.
▪ Fretboard and bridge: Ebony or Honduras rosewood.
▪ Neck: koa or quarter sawn Honduras mahogany.
▪ Neck truss rod: carbon fiber (not visible)
▪ Binding: Maple or Ebony
▪ Inlay: Paua shell
▪ Tuners: Gotoh mini
▪ Strings: Ko’olau Gold or by request
▪ Nut and Saddle: micarta
▪ Tentalones (bracing around the inner circumference): Honduras mahogany
▪ Bracing: spruce and koa
▪ Electronic pickup, optional: Schatten IV
▪ Finish: Behlen violin varnish
Commission a Custom Ukulele
Thank you for your interest! All of our instruments are custom made.
Please get in touch to inquire about prices and options. Prices start at $1,200.